Update from LIS | SANNE regarding the coronavirus outbreak (Covid-19)
As an organisation LIS | SANNE is committed to providing you with proactive information on the status of our operations. We are actively monitoring the coronavirus outbreak and its impact on our people, clients and business processes. Like many other market participants, we are taking our responsibility towards employees seriously and would like to provide you with an update in this regard.
It is important to confirm that our focus continues to be on providing high quality service to our clients in the region and around the globe. We are thankful that there are no reported cases of SANNE staff contracting the virus in Luxembourg.
Business as usual
As a result of the initial and primary impact in Asia, and as directed by Government agencies, we have enacted our business continuity plan and moved to a remote working solution in our Luxembourg office. Importantly, we remain open for business, and do not expect any disruptions to our service levels at this stage. If the situation changes, we will keep you updated.
We have also been quick to implement a number of proactive measures across our global offices that will help to protect our people and operations going forward. These include:
- We have communicated guidelines to our people on how to limit infections, quarantine requirements and also halted all non-critical business travel.
- Part of our decision around our latest travel restrictions is so to ensure that we don’t have displaced colleagues around the globe as we are seeing a growing number of airlines cancel flights.
- We have promoted good hygiene to all of our people for example made hand sanitizer gel available in various areas in the office. We have reinforced these measures across all of our SANNE offices globally.
- We are strictly following the guidance issued by Governments and their appointed agents in the locations in which we operate. In addition, we are also closely following the guidance issued by the World Health Organisation with regards to the ongoing situation.
- We have also undertaken tests to ensure our remote working capabilities to enable our people to continue to operate efficiently should this be a requirement going forward.
- Where we have scheduled meetings with clients or advisors in impacted areas, or where individuals have travelled from impacted areas or engaged with people who have since been confirmed with the virus, we are also suggesting alternative meeting arrangements, such as Skype, so that these can continue to take place.
- We have implemented appropriate ‘work from home’ procedures, pursuant to which LIS | SANNE employees can work remotely from home and provide continued services.
- Measures have also been taken to review and make recommendations to employees with regard to private travel.
We can confirm that we have adopted all of the above measures and none of our people have been impacted by the outbreak. We appreciate that this outbreak continues to cause concern locally and further afield, but we remain focused on keeping track of the situation as it evolves. The health and safety of our people is our number one priority.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your lead relationship director or Sean Murray, Managing Director EMEA, Christian Hertz, Managing Director LIS and San-Marie Greeff, Head Sanne Group (Luxembourg).